Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Times They Are a-Changin'

There is so much I want to say, so much I want to share about this "food journey" we have been travelling along, that I just don't know where to begin.
I found this quote yesterday and thought it was so fitting:


Come mothers and fathers throughout the land,
And don't criticize what you can't understand...

~Bob Dylan

This is an excerpt from the song "The Times They Are a-Changin'". It really got me thinking. People are so quick to criticize and condemn you for the changes you make in your life even, in this case, when it is a positive one. Until you have walked in my shoes and watched your child struggle for her life, it is probably difficult to understand the helplessless and pain that it's possible to feel... I am not asking anyone to change their lives, but just want to share my journey and experiences in hopes that maybe I have some knowledge that others are unaware of and would appreciate knowing. There is SO much I just didn't know. Watching Food Inc. was definitely the catalyst to this change in our eating habits. Watching Barbara Kowalcyk on Food Inc. (who my husband had the pleasure of meeting the day Food Inc. aired on PBS) share her devastating experience of losing her 2.5 year old son to E. Coli and HUS was just so sad--the same diseases my daughter had at age 3 that we are so lucky she survived... So I guess all I am asking and hoping is that people have an open mind to change--change can be good! And knowledge can be good. Ignorance, unfortunately, is not bliss.

So with that said...I am ready to begin sharing recipes and tips and all that I have learned and am learning and if you have something to teach me, I am ready to listen with an open mind!

Thanks for stopping by!
Comments are welcome!

=o)
Jen


3 comments:

  1. Very cool. Can't wait for the next post! Gonna start cooking better. Thanks Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    I like your blog :) "The times are a changin" in so many ways.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your story. You are making a difference. Keep sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete